Saturday, August 26, 2006

Another Sign of the times

Dave Barry's Blog calls these "Signs of the Apocalypse". He may be right.

Here's another thing that bugs me. Maybe I'm picky, maybe not. You be the judge.

So, I'm in Barnes and Noble, the awesome (i.e. better than Borders) bookstore. I'm trying to navigate my way to the books of higher intelligence and learning, when I come across a lady looking for a book. She is standing as far back from the bookshelf she's looking at as possible, actually almost leaning against the opposite shelf.

So, if I want to get past, I have to walk right in front of her. I absolutely hate doing this, as I was brought up to see this as rude. But, apart from trying to find another route through the store, she has left me no choice. So, I begin to walk in front.

I'm sure that you can figure out what happened next. A split second before I was directly in front of her, she saw the book she needed, and literally pounced on it. Fortunately, I was keeping alert, and narrowly managed to avoid a collision.

I'm trying to be more tolerant, I really am. Trouble is, just as you can't design something to be "idiot-proof" (they are always coming out with new and improved idiots), just when I think I'm getting to be more tolerant, someone always comes along to prove me wrong.

Guess God's not finished with me yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home