Saturday, August 05, 2006

Countdown to VBS - T minus 1 day

I'm involved in our church's VBS (Vacation Bible School) this year. OK, technically, I was last year too, but the extent of my duties was to cajole my shy four-year-old son to participate. Anyway, this year, I have the lead role in the nightly skit. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce Captain Chris P. Cookie!

I'm supposed to be learning my lines.
I have a lot of lines.
I don't know my lines.
VBS starts tomorrow.

Did you ever have to do something that you really have to do, but don't want to? If you're like me, you can get very creative in finding new and interesting ways to not do what you should be doing in a "doing it" kind of way.

For example:

  • Highlighting everything you can because that will make it easier (actually learning the lines would be more productive.)
  • Playing a computer game (just one game, that will help clear my mind.)
  • Doing something else you've been putting off (I really must finish putting up that shelf.)
  • Blogging about it.

Well, that's where I am right now. The aforementioned Captain Cookie's Great-Great-Grandaddy Cookie was shipwrecked in a storm. Let's hope that Captain Cookie doesn't suffer the same fate on stage!

Anyway, I'd better get back to it. I just need to highlight my lines in skit three first. Then maybe just one more game, just to clear my mind. Oh, and I really need to finish wiring my workshop lights. Wait a sec, my blog template needs work.

I'm in big trouble.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Susie said...

You are too too too funny! I'm so glad you're blogging now! You're hilarious! Remember, when you hit the big times, that I am and always will be your BIGGEST fan!! :o) You'll do great, Capt. Chris P. Cooky!

~M/X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home